Monday, July 6, 2009

"Love Struck"

As I said before- I have a deviantart page in which I post my artwork form school, but I also post some of the poetry I write. For me, poetry is a way to express yourself through words, and allow other people to interpret and adapt the words to fit their life experiences. So here is one poem I wrote fairly recently, more recently than other poems. This poem is titled "Love Struck", and is a poem basically asking the question, "What is love?" We all experience some form of love whether its a small gradeschool crush, a highschool sweetheart, or your spouse. Some of us haven't reached all of these stages of love yet, but we understand what they bring. I can happily say that I have found the one I love, and I hope you can say that same, if not in some other way. Enjoy the poem and let me know what you think. Thank you.

Love Struck
What is love to the human heart?
What is love to any heart at all?
Is love...
~That "special feeling" our parents tell us about?
~The capability of holding your breath without realizing?
~The ability to realize you're now suffocating and exhaling?
~The reason you need to know everything about each other?
~The reason why you seem to have become a stalker figure?
~The explanation to your hidden ways?
~That thing that makes you smile whenever you see that person?
~That nerve that stops sending signals to your heart to keep beating?
~The punch in the gut you feel when you go up to talk to the one?
~The gasp of air you get when you have a long conversation?
~The feeling of accomplishment when you realize nothing went wrong?
~Those pinches on your arm when your friends push you to express your feelings?
~That tug on your hair when you realize they might have the same feelings for you?
~That head rush you get whenever they come over to you and stand by real close?
~The burning sensation through your body when you finally ask that person to be yours?
~That cleansing feeling when they say yes and just smile at you with beautiful eyes?
~The yawn stretch you do on the first date so you can be closer to that person?
~That gentleman instinct leaping out of your body while you walk through doors?
~That "spark" you feel when you hold each other’s hands?
~Those butterflies in your stomach when you lean in for the first kiss?
~The feeling of tranquility standing there and holding that special person?
~The everlasting sense of their touch on your body that you don't want to leave?
~The stream of peace running through your veins as you spend minutes on end with that one?
~That addiction to their voice, their touch, their everything?

Is love the continual list of things we believe in when we finally see that person,
~When we finally hold that person again?
~When we realize that there is nothing else in this life like them?
~When we can't get their essence out of our minds?
~When we figure out that one person makes us happy?
~When we know deep in our hearts that nothing can tear us apart?

Is love everything we believe in?
~Everything we see when we look into that one person's eyes?
~Everything we feel in our hearts when we see them smile and laugh?
~Everything we consider when we think about the future ahead of us?
~Everything we know about each other and the world around us?
~Everything we hold onto in our lives?

~Everything we recognize when we see their face and feel their touch?

Is love that thing that keeps us together?
~The thing that keeps me drawn to you like a magnet?
~The thing that brings you up over and over in my mind?
~The thing that gives me shivers and gives me warmth?
~The thing that makes me write this poem?

Love is not the question?
The real question is what we make of that love?
Love is everything and anything, but love can be indefinite.
You and love together are definite only to me.
You make me whole, you make me love, and I love nothing more than you.

No comments:

Post a Comment